Driverless Cars Are Coming
Full scale implementation may be closer than you think.
As if Uber were not enough already, this NY news station warns that driverless cars may put taxi drivers out of business.
361 Capital offers a surprising list of positives below about the seismic changes driverless cars represent.
- You can get there faster. People have slow reflexes, which forces them to drive more slowly and further behind other cars. The stop-and-go type of traffic would come to an end. All the cars would go at the same speed!
- You can get there safer. Driverless cars have already driven 700,000 miles with no accidents. Some people estimate that traffic fatalities will go down 90%. And we’re talking about 30,000 people saved a year.
- You won’t need to widen roads. You can fit more cars on them!
- You won’t need auto insurance, or at least, the mandatory kind.
- It will change health care. A lot of emergency room traffic is from auto accidents.
- It goes without saying, but you can read or play games or goof off in your car.
- It will save a lot of gas. Cars will be way more efficient. They can drive inches away from another car, drafting, like the NASCAR drivers do.
- Cars that don’t wreck will last longer.